Builders of Custom Cabinets, Store Fixtures, Furniture, Custom Architectural Millwork, and General Wood Workers looking for laminated base material for countertops and other decorative panel projects save time and money when DSI laminates their substrate.
Not only is do-it-yourself panel lamination with contact adhesive time consuming and expensive, you may be disappointed with the results. Distributor Service Incorporated has a state-of-the-art production line that does beautiful work laminating Formica, Nevamar, Pionite, wood veneers, paper backing and wood on on wood.
We’ll cut your costs and simplify the panel lamination process by doing the labor for you. DSI delivers the laminated substrates you need to meet your customers’ demands.
Panel Lamination Line Features
• Fast turn-around times
• Low Minimums on runs
• Laminate any thickness
• Panels up to 5’ x 12’
DSI In-house Panel Lamination Process
1. The first stage of the lamination line is the Panel Feeder. It ensures each individual substrate is fed into the production line uniformly.
2. The Panel Cleaner is the second stage. This equipment cleans debris and dust from the panel surface to reduce blemishes.
3. Then, the panel travels through the Roll Coater, which applies equal wets mil of adhesive to either one or both sides of the panel.
4. Next comes the Automated Indexing Station. Here, one long edge of laminate is accurately matched up to an edge of the panel.
5. At the layup station, the operator places the laminate or paper backing directly onto the glued panel. He can do this for a single piece or create a stack of panels for lamination.
6. The powered neoprene rollers on the Transfer Cart move the stack of laminated wood panels without marring or damaging the product. From here the stack can be fed onto the cold press.
7. The length of time the substrates need to be on the Hydraulic Hot Press depends upon the thickness and glue line of the individual panels. The Hydraulic Hot Press runs at temperatures between 180 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Call DSI at 800-745-1778 to talk about how our In-House Lamination Line can help you save labor costs, which means saving money.
Formica® Brand laminates in a variety of colors, grades & sizes.
Garnica plywood virtually void-free innerplys and quality crossbands.